Excellent opportunity for a recent college graduate to gain some accounting experience. Working for this well known company will be a great way to start out your career and add to your knowledge.
- Reviews a high volume of detail data on a daily basis to ensure information is received and reconciled
- Reviews exceptions to determine the root cause of the exception and to determine solutions to resolve the issue
- Any exceptions that are defined as errors should be corrected or discussed with their immediate supervisor to determine proper action especially when material/significant issues are identified.
- Timely review and accurate assessments are essential
- This position requires highly developed analytical skills and to resolve complex reconciliation situations on a routine basis
- This position is expected to fully understand and execute within established departmental internal control processes and procedures
- Maintains knowledge of the reconciliation process with a high degree of understanding
- Has an accurate understanding of how the data points impact the stores' financial statement
- Must be able to create accurate adjustments via multiple subsystems as is appropriate and when necessary
- Must be able to monitor change in store status such as franchisee changeovers, opening, closing, acquisition, and divest then take appropriate action to keep data point reconciliations accurate
- In cases of data not processing prior to month-end, identifies missing information and works with management to determine what action, if any, to take
- Maintains files of journal entries and reports
- Provides timely and thorough response to accounting help desk requests
- Provides follow-up with the various groups pursuing information, explanation or correction (i.e., FC, franchisee, help desk, or a vendor)
- Provides follow-up through complete resolution.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
- Some accounting experience / internship preferred
- Background in reconciling transactions a plus
- Strong Excel skills
- Computer skills