The role of the Accounts Payable Specialist
involves providing financial, administrative, and clerical support to the entire organization. Daily responsibilities include completing transactions and controlling expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process all checks, ACH, wires, truckers’ and on- site contractors’ payments.
- Keep track of budgeting expenses including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Report weekly cash flow payables based on budgeting expenses and scheduled payments.
- Code and enter invoices via QuickBooks; Print off approved invoices and current day bank reports and respond to vendor inquires and email remittances.
- Pay, code, and process credit card statements through Journal entry and handle credit applications for new vendors.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances; Prepare analyses of accounts and producing weekly reports.
- Issues stop payments or purchase order amendments, maintains petty cash accounts, and log all outgoing disbursements.
- Manage all incoming faxes, 1099’s, W9’s, SOP’s, and maintain banking information and account information.
- Maintain existing customer base and relationships using exceptional customer service skills.
- Handle customer issues in a professional timely manner.
- Assist Settlement Team, aid in paying scrap tickets, answer phones and filing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Competent in the use of the Microsoft Program Suite, internet, and core office equipment; including but not limited to computers, copiers, printers, scanners, fax machines, calculators, multi-line telephones, and file cabinets.
- Type a minimum of 45 wpm and 10-key of 7,500 kph.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Self-motivated and flexible; Able to work unsupervised to meet objectives and strict deadlines.
- Speaks positive, listens and gets clarification.
- Works with integrity, ethically and maintains confidentiality; Upholds organizational values.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.