Senior Cost Accountant
Growing Dallas based food production company with excellent culture is hiring a Senior Cost Accountant. The successful candidate must be hands-on and have experience with product cost accounting in a manufacturing setting. Position offers great career growth for the right person.
Essential Job Duties
Competencies & Skill Requirements
- Determine and implement cost accounting procedures and methods
- Responsible for item management and Bill of Materials (ability to utilize effectively Manufacturing Conductor MRP module to analyze production item costs)
- Responsible for preparation and analysis of cost reports and cost audits. Monitor actual costs versus standard costs.
- Examine and review unusual cost records and ensure cost data is assigned correctly
- Proactively identify cost saving opportunities within the manufacturing and distribution cycle
- Reconcile inventory system to the general ledger and all balance sheet transactions as needed.
- Monitor system controls; interfaces and sets proper guidelines for the AccountMate / Manufacturing Conductor (MC) software to ensure integrity of inventory valuation;
- Provide month-end sales, cost and gross margin analysis; research, explain and resolve issues when results vary materially from prior periods, budget, forecast and /or trend
- Provide Management with useful information to use in their analyses of profit margin – in aggregate, by pack-type or by item;
- Develop and manage full balance sheet and income statement Budget and Forecasts;
- Ability to analyze profitability of current and new business by product, channel and/or customer. Ability to quantify, recommend and justify changes to pricing.
- Develop and maintain pricing models for new sales opportunities
- Decision-support analysis on changes to operational or production processes. changes in freight methods or costs, changes in operations, value of lean six sigma process changes, etc.
- Financial decision-support partner to executive leadership (Operations, Sales, Administration, CEO)
- (CEO, COO, CFO and Chief Sales Officer).
- Collaborates with Accounting Manager who oversees bookkeeping, A/P and A/R
- Support, prepare and present financial information to leadership.
Qualifications & Experience
- Exceptional Excel (use of advanced formulas, pivot tables and graphical display of information on a regular basis)
- Advanced PowerPoint skills and ability to clearly “tell the story” of a situation, problem, solution and supporting data through a professional looking PowerPoint presentation
- Excellent oral and written communication – clear, articulate and concise communications
- Ability to utilize analytical tools and complex Excel spreadsheets to track costs;
- Develop SQL or Access queries to extract revenue, cost and other item specific data
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Manufacturing experience (ideally food production)
- Minimum 5 – 7+ years cost management, financial planning and analysis and/or accounting experience
- Collaborative team-oriented attitude;
- Experience with AccountMate software is highly preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus