The Senior Accountant
will be responsible for ensuring GAAP is properly applied to a variety of complex issues in a retail business environment. Daily responsibility includes oversight of complex credit card and pre-paid card reconciliation processes, preparation of related accounting analyses and transaction entries, and assistance in oversight of accounting staff. Relevant accounting topics include cash accounting, income recognition, A/R, and inter-company transactions.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5 – 8 years in various accounting roles with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated leadership including previous supervisory experience
- In-depth GAAP knowledge is critical especially as related to cash accounting, general accounting, accounts receivable, and revenue recognition
- Proven independent analytical and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to understand and appropriately respond to a variety of business process issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills to prepare process documentation, summarize recommendations for review by various levels of accounting management, and resolve various vendor issues
- Excellent computer skills in both legacy mainframe and PC applications. Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel) are heavily used.
- Familiarity with Oracle ERP and TrinTech reconciliation systems a plus
- CPA preferred