Growing Entertainment and Hospitality industry company is moving headquarters to Dallas (Near 75 and Walnut Hill) and is hiring a Senior Accountant.
The primary role of the Senior Accountant will be to assist the Controller with the monthly accounting activity, close process, financial statement preparation and variance analysis. It is expected that the Senior Accountant will work on ad-hoc projects with members of other teams to assist senior leadership.
- Responsible for the general accounting function as it relates to Corporate and site level accounting operations, including but not limited to account analysis, journal entry preparation and related support for general and administrative expenses, accruals, inventory, COGS, pre-opening expenses, CIP/Fixed assets.
- Preparing and assisting with the budget process as well as budget to actual with variance explanations
- Perform monthly balance sheet and income statement account analysis and reconciliation on monthly and/or quarterly basis
- Verify posted transactions to the general ledger for accuracy
- Ensure appropriate classification of costs/expenses, in conjunction with AP
- Review and reconcile bank transactions, including but not limited to: general and administrative expenses, accruals, inventory, COGS, pre-opening expenses and CIP/Fixed assets
- Act as a key member of cross-departmental teams to improve the flow of data and reporting
- Expected to be a contributor to our ERP accounting/finance initiative for candidate related areas
- Maintain ownership of SOX controls related to candidate accounts and processes
- Facilitate external audits ensuring complete, timely and accurate responses to information requests
- Support the year-end financial statement audit and quarterly reviews
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA required
- 2 years Big 4 public accounting experience serving non-financial service companies preferred but not required
- Experience in the Restaurant and/or Retail industry preferred
- Startup mentality: quick learner, self-starter, creative problem solver, able to thrive in fast- paced growth environment and strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Strong excel skills/knowledge