Assistant Corporate Controller
opportunity with growing sports entertainment/hospitality company moving headquarters to Dallas. (CPA and SEC Financial Reporting experience required).
Reporting to the Vice President – Corporate Controller, the Assistant Corporate Controller will primarily focus on the internal and external financial reporting, SEC financial disclosures, technical accounting issues, and working with external auditors. Other duties include oversight and day-to-day management of corporate and operational accounting teams and assisting the Corporate Controller with the monthly accounting activity, and close process.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ensure financial statements and SEC disclosures are presented timely, accurately and in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare internal and external financial reporting, including SEC financial disclosures
- Manage, monitor and review the monthly accounting close process to ensure timely and accurate accounting records are produced and maintained
- Maintain effective internal controls and documentation; ensure accounting operations comply with SOX
- Coordinate with auditors for quarterly and year-end financial statement reviews and audits
- Recommend accounting policies and procedures by researching, interpreting and documenting accounting guidance
- Analyze financial statements for trends and document unusual variations in such trends
- Complete other duties as assigned by Vice President – Corporate Controller and/or CFO
- Additional projects may be assigned to this position to assist the CEO and company leadership on major Finance and Accounting initiatives, as deemed necessary.
- 4-Year BBA in accounting, finance or related; Masters’ degree preferred.
- CPA required
- 5+ years of progressive accounting responsible experience in a publicly traded company, preferably in a hospitality or retail environment
- Prior knowledge and experience with ERP financial systems implementations
- Oracle Financials experience a plus
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC regulations