The Accounting Manager manages a team of 10+ accountants, including an offshore team, with daily reconciliation responsibility for their corporate as well as retail locations. This position ensures the team meets the monthly accounting period close deadlines as well as the journal entries and monthly account reconciliations are prepared timely and accurately.
- Oversee daily and month-end reconciliation process of both retail location and corporate bank activity for 100+ bank accounts.
- Monitor and ensure timely collection of daily deposits from all retail locations. Report to executive management on credit risks. Ensure adjustment charges to stores are timely and appropriately supported.
- Liaison with bank and courier services.
- Understand data flow from stores and oversee requirements, testing and user acceptance on all system modifications, upgrades and integrations.
- Monitor and ensure attainment of key performance indicators and service level agreements for onshore and offshore teams.
- Oversee team responses to cases opened by retail locations.
- Maintain internal controls, ensure journal entries and reconciliations have adequate documentation and are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Support internal/external audit inquiries and requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- 7+ years of management experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and reconciliation software
- Strong understanding of SOX and accounting requirements
- Outstanding sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Retail industry experience is a plus