The Tax Senior oversees all year-end tax reporting, filings, and back up documentation. Primary responsibilities include processing financial accounting data into workpapers to prepare tax returns and estimated tax payments, understanding and researching tax concepts for high net wealth families, and preparing additional schedules and projects for the management team as assigned. In addition to compliance, this role will have the opportunity to grow his/her finance and investment knowledge and participate in special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA license required.
- 3-5 years of relevant public accounting tax experience including individuals, partnerships, corporations, and trusts tax planning and return preparation. Any exposure to estate planning concepts is a plus.
- Experience with high-net-worth individuals or family offices is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Accumulate, analyze, and process financial accounting data into workpapers to prepare tax returns and estimated tax payments.
- Understand and research basic to moderately complex tax concepts and their application to family situations; communicate results with family members after review and approval from managers.
- Create and prepare additional reporting, analysis, schedules, and special projects for the management team as assigned. Modeling skills are a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports directly to the Controller and assists Managing Director, Investment Manager and Chief Accounting Officer with special projects, as needed.
- Administers and maintains tax records.
- Establishes and maintains all polices relating to tax matters.
- Assists with preparing and filing federal and state tax returns for partnerships, trusts, corporations, and individuals.
- Prepare tax filings for various reporting requirements (Form 1099-NEC, 1099-Misc and 1099-Int).
- Ensure adherence to compliance related deadlines such as, but not limited to, extensions, tax estimates and tax returns.
- Gather information and drafting responses to various IRS and state notices received.
- Interact with family members and key personnel at related operating companies.
- Presents accurate tax adjustments and information in a professional and organized manner.
- Assists the accounting staff by providing technical tax advice to ensure proper financial reporting.
- Other duties as assigned