CRG is working with a growing client in the FinTech industry seeking to add a Sr. Financial & Treasury Analyst
. Our client has a great company culture offering a hybrid work schedule, casual office environment and personable leadership.
The Sr. Financial & Treasury Analyst
is responsible for weekly and monthly variance reporting, budgeting, and forecasting of the P&L for company entities and on a consolidated basis. Additional responsibilities include treasury functions consisting of day-to-day analysis, reporting and movement of corporate cash and providing daily, weekly, and monthly cash analysis and reporting to optimally manage enterprise liquidity.
FP&A (Approximately 75% of time)
Treasury (Approximately 25% of time)
- Provides complex financial analysis support to Information Technology, Product, Marketing and Risk Management teams on a regular and ad hoc basis. Typical analyses may include cost/benefit analysis, opportunity/profit analysis and product forecasting.
- Builds the budget / forecasts for all general and administrative departments. Monthly compares actual to forecasts on monthly and YTD basis and works with department leaders to bring actual expenses in line with financial targets established by senior leadership.
- Prepares monthly management financial reporting package including P&L, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows and related variance analysis.
- Creates monthly Board of Directors reporting package which includes actuals and forecasted financial statements and projected cash flows.
- Assists in the analysis, preparation, and presentation of financial reports and statistics to management.
- Performs economic analysis including net present value and internal rate of return analysis on new investment opportunities (capital projects or new business opportunities).
- Coordinates financial data and activities in the preparation of periodic audits by external organizations.
- Competitive analysis and benchmarking – analyze competitors published financial results considering our company’s performance on like businesses.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Assists in establishing cash balance targets for each Line of Business (LOB) and managing the Company’s daily cash position at LOB and account levels.
- Assists in managing the Company’s current commercial banking relationships and all associated banking products and assists the CFO in establishing new banking partners and/or sources of new capital, new or expanded lines of credit and warehouse lending lines.
- Reviews and recommends enhancements to cash management processes as needed.
- Prepares daily summary reports and communicates cash balances daily to senior leadership.
- Prepares cash forecasts and monitors daily compliance with cash covenants.
- Designs, documents, and maintains the treasury management system and processes.
- Provides financial support (budgeting, forecasting, reporting, variance analysis) to corporate department leaders to set and manage operating expenses of the company to established targets.
- Communicates with and provides direction to all levels of management regarding finance and treasury policies and procedures.
HYBRID WORK SCHEDULE ELIGIBILITY:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five years of professional experience as a Financial Planning Analyst. A CPA certificate a plus.
- Experience in Financial Services and Technology (FinTech) industry is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Power Point and Word) and intermediate to advanced Excel required (VLOOKUP’s, sumifs, pivot tables, workbook linking, etc.).
- SQL or SAS (Statistical Analytical Software) skills, with ability to conduct extensive data research and manipulation of large datasets a plus.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Highly responsible. Takes ownership of assigned duties. Positive attitude.
- Thorough understanding of methods of systems analysis and the principles, design, and procedural methods used in computer and database development.
- Must have strong problem-solving and organization skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player who will work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- This position is eligible to work a hybrid work schedule.
- The schedule will be a combination of a minimum of 2-3 days at the Corporate office, and 2-3 days working remotely.