Accounting Manager opportunity with actively growing privately held company in the self-storage facility industry! The Accounting Manager will be responsible for supervising staff accountants in the monthly preparation of financial reports for over 115 self-storage properties in accordance with GAAP. Company has excellent culture and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review journal entries, reconciliations, and supporting calculations to ensure accurate posting to the general ledger. Maintain accurate and complete financial records.
- Supervise and develop staff to achieve results.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close.
- Participate in internal and external audits.
- Assist and provide guidance on sales tax returns and accrual calculations.
- Provide management with timely reviews of partnership's financial status.
- Prepare quarterly revenue and expense variance analysis.
- Assist Controller and/or CFO on projects as needed.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience required.
- Meticulous and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Suites
- Excellent written and verbal skills