Global Data Center services company in Irving is hiring:
Job Title: Senior General Ledger Accountant
Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Accounting and Financial Reporting, a strong Senior Accountant, responsible for a wide variety of accounting functions, and will contribute to maintaining general ledger accounts, including preparing and approving journal entries, reconciling account balances and preparing ad hoc analysis. The Senior GL Accountant will play a large part in month-end close, financial reporting, audit processes, and contribute to maintaining and improving their business. The role will also support the accounting and finance team in carrying out all other responsibilities of the department.
The position performs month-end general ledger close, complex account analysis, review of account reconciliations, and general and specific project analysis.
- Assist in the management of day-to-day general ledger accounting activities and projects, assuring timely and accurate reconciliation of certain worldwide balance sheet accounts.
- Management of the company's fixed asset process including worldwide controls, processes, accounting, and reporting for 13+ data centers, capex spending and cash flow projections
- Responsible for accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures for assigned balance sheets and income statement accounts for multi-entities (including preparing and/or reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and roll forward schedules)
- Responsibilities include but not limited to: approving, posting journal entries, performing internal controls such as reviews and reconciliations, performing account and foreign currency (Fx) analysis, calculating multi-currency multi-entity transfer pricing entries, and creating all divisional GAAP financial reporting presentations
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial reporting & analysis package including:
- Preparation of monthly financial reports to support the business, (Consolidated and Company-specific Balance Sheets, Consolidated/Consolidating Income Statements, Cash Flow, SG&A Reports, Revenue service period analysis)
- Financial Report development and maintenance
- Ensure all finance reporting can be reconciled to the GAAP actuals.
- Ensuring the chart of accounts and business hierarchies support business requirements.
- Analyzing month-end financial results, providing variance analysis, researching financial fluctuations/questions and ensuring transparency.
- Highly skilled in accrual base accounting method.
- Analyze financial data to identify discrepancies and collaborate with respective teams to resolve issues
- Support the accounting and finance departments in enhancing the Company's existing accounting procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve accounting operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities to automate general ledger impacting activities.
- Develop, implement and maintain key policies and procedures for your area of responsibilities.
- Prepare and/or review ‘Prepared by Client’ workpapers for audits (GAAP, IFRS, and Statutory).
- Perform SOX controls when applicable
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.