Real Estate development company located in Uptown Dallas is hiring:
The primary purpose of the Accountant is to perform and assist with accounting and financial reporting functions of this thriving real estate development company. The Accountant will maintain the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that include analytical work and thorough review of financial records and timely and accurate reporting.
Main duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
Requirements, Qualifications, Experience and Skills include the following:
- Assist with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting/ Finance Department including those related to project cost accounting and transactions, accounts payable and remittances, fixed assets, payroll and benefits, overhead calculations & entries, billings & cash receipts, intercompany accounting and transactions, and book and tax consolidations.
- Perform month-end closing procedures including:
- Balance sheet and Profit/Loss account analysis and reconciliations
- Bank statement reconciliations
- Credit card reconciliations
- Fixed asset reconciliations
- Prepaid and accrual reconciliations
- Payroll and benefit related reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, capital and operational budgets, and interim financial reporting.
- Assist with cash management and treasury activities, including banking, funding, debt, credit card, and account transfers
- Participate in the development and implementation of accounting systems, internal control systems and other processes, including the use of accounting & related application software
- Assist with other duties as needed and providing coverage and support for other functions as needed
- Minimum Associate’s Degree in Accounting, preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 3 years’ progressive accounting experience, with specific real estate experience preferred
- A high degree of integrity, honesty, and confidentiality and the ability to work independently
- Excellent computer skills with intermediate proficiency in MS Office applications, especially Excel, along with experience in accounting application software, including QuickBooks
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal, and presentations
- Adaptability, along with a willingness to be part of a growing, dynamic team
- Some work on nights/weekends may be required