Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant supports financial accounting activities. This position is responsible for day to day accounting support for a multi-concept multi-location restaurant management company.
- Preparation of key balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations to ensure accuracy of the general ledger and underlying sub-systems.
- Prepare detailed consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from accounting systems.
- Create, update, and maintain various financial reports to include cash flow, revenue projections, and fixed asset and lease management activities.
- Ensure the accurate General Ledger posting and reporting of daily and weekly sales for monthly financial reporting purposes.
- Provide accounting support for mergers and acquisitions, sales tax preparation and reporting, and real estate financial reporting within assigned area.
- Provide support by compiling and filing sales tax information in multi-state operating environment.
- Execute transactions for the appropriate accounting functions (allocations, open / close periods, execute batch processes, etc.).
- Assists in the month-end close process and quarterly / year end audits.
- Help support and maintain the design and documentation of the accounting business processes and functional requirements Company’s general ledger system.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- BS degree in Accounting. Combination of technical training and direct industry experience in lieu of educational requirements will be considered.
- 2 years of accounting related experience in a multi-state restaurant environment preferred. Ideal candidate will have knowledge/previous exposure in a restaurant industry environment.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) with Advanced Excel skills a must. Previous experience with Great Plains, Sage, or similar accounting software preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and work in a high energy, fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to react quickly to resolve problems.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others toward mutual objectives and able to influence across non-direct reports on cross functional teams.
- Sage X3 experience a plus.