Looking for a Sr. Business Analyst
with 10+ years of experience for a Contract Consultant
opportunity. Reporting directly to the COO, this role will be responsible for supporting projects for our client’s global IT team to help the organization become more efficient while providing increasing levels of support for the business operations. The Sr. Business Analyst collaborates with the Finance, business and IT teams to analyze root causes, improve processes, define problems, develop business requirements, as-is and to-be process documentation and success metrics. Additionally, the BA coordinates end to end UAT business cycles from planning/strategy through to execution and retrospectives.
- Perform root cause and business process analysis, document business requirements, including business value and stakeholder alignment, as-is and to-be process documentation
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations.
- Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions. Assists with the testing strategies and develops preliminary findings.
- Participate in prioritization process for systems implementation planning cycles
- Liaise regularly with IT Product Owners, BSAs, global business process owners and other organizations to drive process and system solutions
- Plan and lead UAT business cycles, including creation of coverage matrices, test script documentation, test execution logistics, tracking and reporting
- Manage the delivery of multiple projects concurrently that have moderate to high levels of business or technical complexity and risk
- Respond to problems, prioritize correctly, systematically gather information, seek input from others, develop accurate conclusions from findings, and make timely decisions to prioritize and adapt to change
- Support Project Lead to drive the overall program plans, resolve ad hoc action items and ensure the smooth delivery of the business solution and all deliverables
- Determines approach and solution to problem when issue is within scope of own ability. Conducts training.
- Work is performed and technical decisions are made with a high degree of independence and performance is judged by results obtained.
- Works effectively with a team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering suggestions. Provides leadership to project planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management or Information Management
- 10-12 years’ experience – with increasing scope of responsibility - in IT and business/industry work
- Enterprise Applications: 8 years
- Experience in a Business System Analyst role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills.
- Excellent judgment and ability to prioritize resource allocation where they will be most useful
- Proven experience implementing and project managing enterprise-level business applications
- Proven change management experience and effectively prepared users for technical roll-out and implementation
- Responsive and comfortable working in a fast-paced, high accountability environment
- Outcome focused; able to understand current and changing organizational requirements and provide effective solutions
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and break down complex business problems into easily understood communications
- General accounting, finance and budgetary experience
- Great judgement and decisiveness when dealing with timely, deadline-driven, content-related issues and concerns